Friday, December 5, 2008

Memories

My childhood memories are full of you
They are warm and sweet.
For I know we were not meant to be
I am still so happy that you happened to me.

You were a kind, loving soul
who protected me.
I thought you were THE boy
who saw deep within me.

Those sweet sleepless nights
and shy school dances.
I remember them all
and it still makes me smile sweetly

Life has moved on
and we have our families
we love them dearly
and that's plain to see

You were a loving boy
that was then obvious to see
I hope you are even a better man
and love your wife and kids dearly

For "we" are the past
and our today's are different than what we thought it would be
We have taken different paths
and the twain shall never meet

For I know we were not meant to be
I am still so happy you happened to me!

1 comment:

I Wear It Like A Tattoo said...

i love this!!
iam sure u knew i was gonna end up loving this one...