Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Six!

This Friday is my 6th wedding anniversary. Hmmm...how these years have passed. Today looking back I feel there is so much one could have done differently and yet given a chance I guess I would do it the same, all over again.

I was the calmest bride I know. I threw no tantrums...was calm as hell. I had no fights with Friends, relatives or suppliers. I even went to check the venue and liked what I saw. I was happy and shared my joy with all. My bridal mehndi was done by the street kids as D was rehabilitating them, so I had all rubbish made on my hands and legs, and that too didn't matter. I didn't have any fancy sangeet, mehndi or cocktail nights. Its was just my wedding day. That all that was important to me. So, I skipped all the frills and my parents understood and I think were secretly thankful as well.

The only day in my life I thought I looked amazing was when I saw my self all dressed up in my Red Bridal attire. I guess I can say that with certainly, I will never look that way again. I was radiant with love, hope and anticipation of an amazing tomorrow. After all I was marrying the man that I loved.

We had a long dating period, we didn't rush into a marriage. I knew him and liked what I knew. He had the right value systems that I think I would have liked our children to have. In my eyes he was intelligent, articulate, caring, deep and supportive. He loved me and accepted me for who I was. I was mad and he was calm. He was the epicentre and I was the earthquake.

My wedding was the first day when both my father and my brother told me I looked beautiful. That was the only day I have ever heard both these men compliment me. Never gonna happen again, I know for sure : ) Both these men had spend my growing years asking me "Are you gonna wear THAT and go out?!?!" so, clearly they were NOT fans of me!

Today, nearing the 6th I can safely say marriage is a mystery that I don't get. Its companionship, yet we need space. Its togetherness yet we are so apart. Its love yet there is angst. Its caring yet we can hurt. Its joy yet there is pain. Its fidelity yet it seems one needs more. I think its far too complicated that I now have decided to let it be. I LOVE my man. Nothing else matters.
The 7 deadly sins do exist. Lust.Gluttony.Greed.Sloth.Wrath.Envy.Pride. This year and every year my sin is Love.
Shall I compare thee to a summers day
Sonnet 18 William Shakespeare

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed.
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

A seed for thought for lovers out there?!

4 comments:

I Wear It Like A Tattoo said...

Im just loving the switch to 'love'
Its so heartfelt, and how did u not like rab ne bana di jodi!
I want to get married
Ohh
***sigh

Small Miracle said...

Ewww...u know i dislike SRK...and all his dumb movies ; (

enufff abt love....now to other topics....too much of mush is juss not happenin

SePuLcHeR said...

i can so relate to it.....yet um so far away .

one of those rare ocasions when ur head shouts....but ur hands go deaf!

neverthless....neatly written :)

n yeah....congratulations!!!!!!! :))

do send me an invite :P ... (i can assure u i wont come :P )

Small Miracle said...

Thanks Sepulcher.Goin outta town to celebrate so no party : )